Date of Last Revision: December 23, 2017
Welcome to Patent Lot.
Patent Lot does not conduct and does not provide any legal services in house. We do not provide any legal advice and you should always consult with an attorney before making any legal or business decisions. Our patent searches are executed by what information has been made available to the public through public outlets including but not limited to Google Patents, USPTO, and WIPO search platforms.
Patent Lot’s products and services are provided by Patent Lot, Inc. These terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) govern your use of Patent Lot’s websites, mobile applications, products, and services (collectively, the “Services”), so please read them carefully.
By accessing PatentLot.com you agree to these terms. If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using Patent Lot after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
Patent Lot is for your personal use. As a patent attorney or agent you are using Patent Lot to showcase your USPTO filing experience and Preferred Patent Identity, or P.P.I. As an inventor, entrepreneur, student, university, or business (both large and small) you agree to use Patent Lot to search for a patent attorney or agent. You can also use Patent Lot to perform patent searches. Patent Lot offers services to find and connect inventors, entrepreneurs, students, universities, and/or businesses (both large and small) to the ideal patent attorney or agent – one whose experience compliments the innovation.
About Creating an Account
You can browse Patent Lot without registering for an account. But to use some of Patent Lot’s functions, you’ll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age.
For Patent Attorneys or Agents, we may have already created a basic profile for you. This is called a “Starter Profile”. We research, find, and collect public data to create and organize a list of patent attorney/agent profiles. Please do a search of your name to see if you have a “Starter Profile” already made by our staff. If you do find yourself listed you can easily claim your profile.
Claiming Your Profile
We will need to verify that you are in fact the individual listed within the “Starter Profile”. In some cases we may confirm your identity by asking you questions about your contact address or email.
Thousands of people use Patent Lot. We expect all of them to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place.
Don’t do any of these things on Patent Lot:
- Don’t break the law.
- Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people.Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t offer prohibited items.Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of Patent Lot’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t victimize anyone.Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam.Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer.Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Patent Lot or another party).
- Don’t abuse other users’ personal information.When you use Patent Lot — and especially if you create a successful project — you may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a Patent Lot project: don’t use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse it.
We also need to make sure that the Site is secure and our systems function properly. So don’t do any of these things — most of which boil down to “don’t mess with our system.”
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Patent Lot or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of Patent Lot in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
How Profiles Work
We assume Patent Attorneys and Agents to be honest and truthful when creating profiles. You should also know that profiles are just estimates of a patent attorney or agents work and experience. You agree to not hold Patent Lot, patent attorneys or agents responsible for the information presented on profiles. It is always an inventor(s), entrepreneur(s), student(s), university(s), business(s) responsibility to execute and perform their own research outside of Patent Lot before choosing to hire an attorney or agent. In other words, Patent Lot is not responsible for any damages for an attorney or agent’s work. You choose to hire an attorney listed on Patent Lot. We will do our best to work with attorney(s) and/or agent(s) to clarify and present their USPTO filing experience if they choose to work us. Attorneys and agents who are listed as “Featured” have paid to have this option. It is your responsibility to vet and research an attorney or agent’s background and experience. Patent Lot is not responsible for False Information, Miss-Representation, and other information that does not prove credible.
Stuff We Don’t Do and Aren’t Responsible For
We don’t oversee attorney/agent profile performance, and we don’t mediate disputes between users.
Patent Lot isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of profiles, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release Patent Lot from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
Fees are only charged for patent attorneys or agents who choose to Upgrade their profile
Creating an account on Patent Lot is free. If you create a profile and are able to acquire a new client, congratulations! Patent Lot does not practice a split fee or take a referral fee for any clients you are able to acquire.
We will not collect any fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site. Some invoices are collected by payment providers. Each payment provider is its own company, and Patent Lot isn’t responsible for its performance. Purchasing a Featured Profile or any of the following Featured Upgrades at a Discounted or promotional rate are subject to a ZERO RETURN POLICY.
When purchased at cost, (without using any discounts or promotional offers) we provide a fourteen (14) day return policy for all transactions related to profiles and profile featured upgrades.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of Patent Lot.and/or your Patent Lot profile.
You can look at our Featured Upgrades by clicking on our About Lawyer Profile’s page.
Here is a list of what we offer-…
- Featured Profile = $ 2,495/year
- Monthly Profile Analytics = $899/year
- Featured Upgrade (USPTO Pie Chart) = $399/year
- Featured Upgrade (Provisional Filing Line Graph) = $399/year
- Featured Upgrade (Client Overview) = $399/year
- Featured Upgrade (Non Provisional Success Rate) = $399/year
- Featured Upgrade (International Filings Map) = 5399/year
- Featured Upgrade (Corporate Resume) = $899/year
Patent Search Fees
- 1 Search = $299
- Patent Search Bundles starts at $2,399
Other Services and Fees
- Client Outreach = $3,495
- Profile Description Review = $599
- Marketing Portfolio = $2,995
If you follow a link to another website, what happens there is between you and them — not us.
Patent Lot may contain links to other websites. (For instance, project pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
Your Intellectual Property
We don’t own the stuff you post on Patent Lot. But when you post it, you’re giving us permission to use or copy it however we need in order to run the site, or show people what’s happening on it. (We generally just use this to promote projects and showcase our community on the website.) You’re responsible for the content you post, and you’re vouching to us that it’s all okay to use.
Patent Lot doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted.You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it.You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission).Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant Patent Lot all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility.You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on Patent Lot’s hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights.If Patent Lot or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post.All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content.Patent Lot will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
Patent Lot’s Intellectual Property
The content on Patent Lot is protected in various ways. You do have the right to use it for certain personal purposes, but you can’t use it for anything commercial without getting permission first.
Patent Lot’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
Deleting Your Account
You can delete your account at any time. Deleting your account won’t make content you’ve already posted go away.
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. (For instance, if you’ve created a profile, deleting your account may not remove any Blogs or posts associated with that profile)
To operate, we need to be able to maintain control over what happens on our website. So in this section, we reserve the right to make decisions to protect the health and integrity of our system. We don’t take these powers lightly, and we only use them when we absolutely have to.
Patent Lot reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the Patent Lot Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Patent Lot. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Patent Lot in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel or terminate your profile, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any profile at any time and for any reason.
Patent Lot is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
We work hard to provide you with great services, but we can’t guarantee everything will always work perfectly. This site is presented as-is, without warranties.
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
PATENT LOT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PATENT LOT ITS EMPLOYEES, ASSOCIATES,OR LEADERSHIP,SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something on Patent Lot that winds up getting us sued, you have to help defend us.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of Patent Lot. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
Limitation of Liability
If something bad happens as a result of your using Patent Lot, we’re not liable (beyond a small amount).
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Patent Lot, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall Patent Lot’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00).
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We’re located in New Jersey, and any disputes with us have to be handled in New Jersey under New Jersey State Law
We at Patent Lot encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that Patent Lot and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Patent Lot or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of Patent Lot, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Middlesex County in the State of New Jersey, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
These are our official terms and our rules for how things work. (So if you ever see confusing or conflicting information about any of this stuff, just check these terms — they’re the last word.) Thanks so much for reading them, and for using Patent Lot!
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Patent Lot with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Patent Lot it’s employees, Leadership, and any individual you associate with on Patent Lot with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Patent Lot to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get Patent Lot’s prior written consent. Patent Lot has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. Patent Lot will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.
Questions and contact information